I love this article from Greatist.com because it explicitly points out so many motivating reasons to workout + eat right that have nothing to do with losing weight. Sure, losing weight is ONE reason to be active and have a healthy diet, but clearly there are so many other reasons to rationalize why working up a sweat and eating mindfully are so beneficial.
It’s really pretty mind-blowing to see how many cool things happen to your body and therefore affect your lifestyle once you incorporate consistent exercise and a healthy diet into your routine. Some are fairly intuitive but others, like 1) how exercise protects your eyes and vision and 2) it helps make your future children smarter, were new ones that I just learned!
If you’re considering becoming active and implementing a healthier diet or know someone who is considering making these changes in their lifestyle, mention some of these awesome byproducts of exercise and healthy eating to them. If these reasons don’t compel ya to get moving, I’m not sure what will!
I’ll be totally honest here and list the reasons why I love to workout and eat healthy:
- I love feeling strong and powerful
- I love seeing my body respond in a positive way to the loads I place upon it
- I love connecting with my body
- I love seeing improvements as I work towards a goal or through a difficult exercise/session
- I love the feeling of accomplishment
- I love feeling that I can eat a little bit of everything in moderation & nothing is totally off limits
- I love having a dedicated break in the day that means a change of scenery to the gym or outside
- I love tuning out the world and focusing on myself & the music when it’s just me
- I love engaging with others and getting to know other likeminded people when it’s a group setting
- I love how when I’m in balance and working out consistently, I’m more drawn to healthier foods that fuel my body
- I love knowing that the work I put in now will be obvious when I go to lift that heavy suitcase or take the stairs
- I love knowing that I’m taking care of my self in all ways: mentally, physically, & emotionally
- I love feeling confident and good in my body. It’s the only one I’ve got in this one life and I intend to take it on many adventure for a long time!
What gets you motivated to live a healthy + active lifestyle? I’d love to know!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Roulez,
If you enjoyed this post, please share it!